What to expect before, during and after your shoot:
A Photography Session—whether it’s a Newborn, Family session or other special occasion—isn’t just about the day of. The process can start weeks or even months before, and extends through a post-shoot process when editing and retouching is finalized and the product is delivered.
At Irene Kaplan Photography, we’re all about creating a truly personal and immersive experience for our clients; and that starts with you. Here’s a step-by-step look at our process, and the important part you play in getting the best pictures:
1) Before the consultation: This is definitely one of the most fun parts of the process. Check out Pinterest for inspiration on location, poses, props and general styling. Start thinking about your style and what you’re looking for in your session.
2) The consultation: Let's meet up in our McAllen, TX Studio. Ask questions, look through our portfolio and figure out what approach you’d like to take for your session and final prints. If you’ve found great inspiration in step #1, bring some print outs or websites along! We’ll discuss how you intend to use the images—save the dates, invites, artwork, framing, etc—and help you refine the message you’re looking to convey within your session.
3) Finalizing the details: After we decide on a location we’ll confirm a date, time, and based on that information, help you finalize apparel, props and poses.
4) The shoot: The day is finally here! Have fun and relax and you’ll naturally take better photos!
5) Post Processing: We’ll color correct your images, crop, check for highlights and shadows, and do a bit of retouching. Then we’ll post a few “best of the best” to Facebook or our blog.
6) The preview: We’ll schedule time post-shoot for a photo preview session, and send you some specials that will be available at the time of your preview so you will know what to plan for.
7) Final delivery: Turnaround time for products is based on the specific product you order. Once your final prints/products are available they will be available for pick up in our studio. You may opt to having us delivering them to your doorstep if that is more convenient for you.
If you have any questions, or would like to schedule your session, Leave A Note.